Job Title: Program Assistant/CUNY New Lecturer Initiative
Location: Office of the University Dean for Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development
Mandatory Vaccine Mandate: As of May 27, 2022, all candidates will be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment. Exemption (medical or religious) requests to this requirement will be considered in accordance with applicable law and criteria. Being fully vaccinated is defined for this purpose as two weeks after a final dose in primary series of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine (example: two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose vaccine such as Moderna or Pfizer, or two weeks after a single dose vaccine such as Johnson and Johnson). Final candidates must be fully vaccinated as of their first day of employment. Newly hired employees will be sent an email with instructions on how to upload their vaccine information on the Research Foundation portal.
Status: Part Time
Pay Range: $20 – $25 per hour, commensurate with experience
Hour(s) a week: 19 hours per week, July 2022-June 2023
Closing Date: until filled
CUNY’s New Lecturer Initiative was established by the Chancellor and the EVC and University Provost when New York State recently allocated funding for additional full-time faculty lines to CUNY. In the first phase of this Initiative, 250 new full-time Lecturers will be hired across the university in Fall 2022 to better balance the proportion of instructional hours taught by full-time faculty at CUNY. Chancellor Matos Rodriguez has charged the CUNY Innovative Teaching Academy with onboarding and welcoming these new CUNY faculty and providing them with professional development to help ensure their success at CUNY and the success of their students. The part-time Program Assistant will provide support to and be supervised by the University Dean for Faculty Affairs and Leadership Development and the Office of Undergraduate Studies and Academic Programs and Policy (OUSAP) Leadership Fellows. The majority of the Program Assistant’s work may be done remotely, but some in-person activities will be required to plan for and attend events.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Program Assistant will:
- Coordinate logistics of data collection and management for 250 new lecturers who will participate in the online training.
- Assist with event-planning for online and in-person conferences related to the initiative
- Collaborate with campus and CUNY central colleagues to support the successful piloting and full roll-out of this professional development initiative.
- Respond to inquiries from involved participant faculty and staff.
- Support tracking of participants’ experience by loading data into Microsoft Forms data base management systems
- Under supervision, handle procurement and other budgetary issues related to the initiative
- Assist with keeping a course Blackboard site for the initiative up-to-date
- Provide exceptional customer service to colleagues and learners.
- Associate’s degree
- At least two (2) years of experience working in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated experience using Blackboard Course Management, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Forms, Teams and Outlook.
- Excellent demonstrated customer service skills.
- Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced and complex work environment.
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of academic programs
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, laptops, tablets, smart phone, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other presentation materials
- While performing these duties, the employee is required to perform physical activities such as bending, reaching, sitting for prolonged periods of time. Reasonable accommodations will be made for employees with disabilities or other needs per RFCUNY policies.
- Ability to travel to other sites as needed.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and cover letter specifying your qualifications, experience, and interest relevant to Laura.Baecher@cuny.edu.
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expressions, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability, age, or protected veteran status to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. CUNY is an EEO/AA Employer.